By providing Docker Compose and prebuilt database files, installing a VarFish server is now really simple.
VarFish is a user-friendly web-based application for the analysis, filtration, and priorisation of genetic variants in rare diseases. As most modern web applications, it has various dependencies in the shape of software packages and services such as database daemons. Creating your own VarFish has been relatively complex.
We have developed a new installer for VarFish based on Docker Compose. Docker Compose allows to quickly spin The Docker Compose software is easy to install on modern Linux systems so getting VarFish to install now only consists of the following steps:
- Install Docker and Docker Compose.
- Download pre-built VarFish database files.
- Start your VarFish web server.
This will automatically download and install the Docker images of the software components required to run a VarFish site.
Are you are a Charite, BIH, or MDC researcher? Then you don’t have to run your own but can use our internal instance. Simply send us an email to email@example.com and let us discuss about a collaboration.
More About VarFish
You can read more about VarFish here:
- VarFish Homepage
- BIH press release New software detects disease-causing gene mutations
- Holtgrewe, M.; Stolpe, O.; Nieminen, M.; Mundlos, S.; Knaus, A.; Kornak, U.; Seelow, D.; Segebrecht, L.; Spielmann, M.; Fischer-Zirnsak, B.; Boschann, F.; Scholl, U.; Ehmke, N.; Beule, D. VarFish: Comprehensive DNA Variant Analysis for Diagnostics and Research. Nucleic Acids Research 2020, gkaa241. https://doi.org/10.1093/nar/gkaa241.
Last modified: Feb 12, 2021