The Core Unit Bioinformatics (CUBI) of the BIH is looking for a highly motivated and detail-oriented student (f/m/d) to support us as a Python Software Engineer/Programmer as a student research assistant.
CUBI is developing the SODAR platform for large-scale scientific data and meta data management based on open source systems. The user interfaces and APIs are built using the Django framework. Data visualization in Python uses open source data science tools such as Plotly Dash.
This position will support the development of additional features for the main SODAR system with the goal of combining large-scale data management with meta-data management. This development will be done using Django and Python, with the possibility of additional front-end work using modern client-side frameworks. The results of this work will be published as FOSS.
- A friendly work environment with good support and supervision in an office on Charite Campus near Hauptbahnhof
- The opportunity to contribute and work independently on an open source project with state of the art tools for unit testing, continuous integration, and API documentation
- A contract with the MDC (Max Delbrück Center for Molecular Medicine in the Helmholtz Association) according to wage agreement (Tarifvertrag Studentische Mitarbeiter)
- Intermediate level (practical application) programming experience in an object-oriented language (e.g. Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience in Python is a strong plus
- Experience with the Django framework is a plus
- Experience in unit testing is a plus
To apply, please send an application with current transcript of records to: Dieter Beule
Last modified: Jan 10, 2023